What is the cost for obtaining a Big Rig Trucking Operating Authority?
Each individual Operating Authority is $300. Separate filing fees must be submitted with the application at the time of processing for each Authority sought. For instance, requests for Common Carrier of Property Motor Carrier and Contract Property Motor Carrier Authority will require two $300 fees ($600). Payments can be combined. FILING FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
1. You can file for the following operating authorities with the OP-1 Application For Motor Property Carrier and Broker Authority:
Motor Common Carrier of Property except Household Goods;
Motor Contract Carrier of Property except Household Goods;
Motor Common Carrier of Household Goods,
Motor Contract Carrier of Household Goods,
Broker of Property except Household Goods,
Broker of Household Goods,
United States Based Enterprise Owned or Controlled By Persons of Mexico Providing Truck Services For The Transportation of International Cargo (Except Household Goods);
United States Based Enterprise Owned or Controlled By Persons of Mexico Providing Truck Services For The Transportation of International Household Goods
2. OP-1(FF) – Application for Freight Forwarder Authority
3. OP-1(P) – Application for Motor Passenger Carrier Authority
4. OP-1(MX) – Application to Register Mexico-based Carriers for Motor Carrier Authority to Operate Beyond U.S. Municipalities and Commercial Zones on the U.S.-Mexico Border
5. OP-2 – Application for Mexican Certificate of Registration for Foreign Motor Carriers and Foreign Motor Private Carriers Under 49 U.S.C. 1302.